Facilities and services
SFP Pointe-Noire has high-tech facilities and equipment for all activities related to transformation of natural resources, mainly for transportation and handling, but also the processing of ore and the maintenance of industrial facilities in harsh environments. Its amenities are grouped into the following categories:
- 2 ore unloading stations
- Conveyor and stacker-reclaimer
- Stockyard (total capacity of 3.1 million tons of ore)
- Petroleum tank farms with loading ramps
- Water treatment plant with 6 pumping stations
- 50 000 ton-capacity additive warehouse
- Six stocking silos (unit capacity of 10 000 tons of ore pellets)
- Pellet plant (yearly capacity of 6 million tons)
- External dry screening plant
- Spare Parts warehouse with yard
- Locomotives and railcar’s Maintenance shop
- 68 Km of tracks and siding
SFP Pointe-Noire owns the Arnaud Railway (Quebec) facilities and equipment which surround the Bay of Sept-Iles between the QNS&L Railway junction (Arnaud Junction) and the La Relance rail ferry dock. Its infrastructure ensures the liaison between Nouveau-Québec and Labrador within the transcontinental railway network.
SFP Pointe-Noire has all the mobile and stationary equipment to operate and maintain the railroad, as well as two large siding yards.
The SFP Pointe-Noire industrial complex currently operates two berths (30, 31) and will be linked to the multi-user wharf (wharfs 35,36) operated by the Port of Sept-Iles.
These facilities are mostly used to load high volume solid bulk. Wharf 31 can also receive or ship liquid bulk and allows the unloading and loading of very large cargo.
Basic characteristics of the stations:
- Dock 30 Depth 16m 2 mobile loaders
- Dock 31 Depth 12m 1 installed loader
- Dock 35 Depth 20m 2 loaders– shared with 36
- Dock 36 Depth 16m 2 loaders– shared with 35
SFP Pointe-Noire’s mission is to promote and be at the forefront of industrial projects and activities. It is open to any discussion that could lead to prosperous economic activities. The SFP owns broad flat land that is accessible by rail or road, has running water and electricity as well as maximum bearing ground capacity. Its proximity to various docks gives a competitive edge for all types of projects.
SFP Pointe-Noire is the first Partner to contact.
Thanks to its railway operation assets, SFP Pointe-Noire can transport all compliant material from or going to Labrador and Schefferville. Our network serve docks 30, 31, 35, the fuel tank farm, bulk stockyards as well as the maintenance workshops.
A robust railway (286 000 pounds of capacity), reliable equipment, comprehensive maintenance and skilled staff ensure diligent and safe transportation.
Our port operations consist of the loading of Lakers as well as mid-sized vessels. With the commissioning of the Port of Sept-Iles’ multi-user dock and the future links to docks 35 and 36, no bulk carrier will be too large to be serviced by the Pointe-Noire facilities.
Our most important asset: year-round navigation in the Bay of Sept-Iles.